Wednesday 7 April 2010

Eating Frogs

Today I ate half a frog. Not literally of course; my squeamishness-induced quasi-vegetarianism would never allow that! I'm using some of that new-age productivity lingo here. They say you should do your worst (& most important) task first thing in the morning. Just do it, get it out of the way, use the momentum to accomplish other things, enjoy the fact that everything else you have to do is better than eating a live frog (hey it's not my analogy).

It's a great idea. I know from personal experience that it can work wonders. I just chose a really foul tasting frog today, and now I feel like I want to throw up.

My frog was writing a requirements document. About halfway through the day I realised that the most interesting thing I'd written was about what legal agreements might exist between my company and its clients. But that's why it's a frog. It's the thing I just have to do. It's not meant to be fun or interesting, and the reason I feel demoralised now is because I didn't finish it.

Tomorrow's frog is sorting out my tax. Deep breath, supress gag reflex,...

No comments:

Post a Comment