Wednesday 9 March 2011

In Need Of Stillness

I feel a bit sick - it's that kind of stressy sickness that can only be cured with some organisation, hard work, headspace and tea.

Tomorrow I have an interview and I feel quite unprepared. The last interview I had with that bank was tough and not only have I not really stepped up my game since then as planned, but if anything I'm extra rusty and out-of-it when it comes to Finance after all the time off and different experiences I've had lately.

This is good. I tend to be nervous before interviews and confident during them. I also tend to be able to pull out knowledge that's been buried deep within my brain when I need it, whether that's some mathematical knowledge for an interview or exam, or my high school Spanish in a Barcelona police station when my belongings had been stolen. I'll be ok when I walk in there.

It's a little more than just that though... finances, accounting, pending Columbia decisions, all the work we're doing on the back of the delegation trip, my ever-growing inbox... all of it is getting to me today, and I can't help dreaming of being somewhere beautiful and peaceful, far away from life's worries, or failing that, the place Herman Hesse referred to when he said this

"Within you there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can escape at any time and be yourself"

2 comments:

  1. Your South African holiday is not far off...so hang in there! Africa will give you the stillness you yearn for - She is awesome like that :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! SIX WEEKS! :D

    Feeling so much better today. The interview went fairly well... feedback was positive but they're interviewing some more candidates so we'll see.

    I seem to have a 'storm before the calm' approach to interviews, applications, etc!

    ReplyDelete