Monday 15 November 2010

The Age of Applications

Lately I feel as though I am entering a period of applications for dropout-related activities. Mostly unpaid standalone experiences or internship positions, and one academic course. All of the applications involve some writing, either about myself - my experience and motivations - or about a given topic related to my current interests.

It's almost like a light version of the actual work/course/experience, and although I feel overwhelmed with trying to fit these things into my life while I have no internet at home (thanks a lot Sky Broadband), and intimidated by the tasks at hand and the calibre of the other applicants, the actual work involved - the sitting down and thrashing out the submission - gives me so much hope and energy, and knowledge or clarity on my own thoughts. I feel like I become better with each one.

Of course with applications come rejections. I haven't had too many direct ones, but I have one or two I can infer from a lack of response. I don't feel too bad about them - glad I tried, feel like I learnt from the process, etc. But in 20 rejections' time I'll have to see how I'm feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment