Friday 5 November 2010

Coconuts Keep Falling On My Head

How am I supposed to work when there is so much juicy stuff going on in the world today?!


Arguably two of the most politically interesting countries - India and the US - come together today as Obama visits India, during Diwali, an Indian microfinance crisis, a US mid-term backlash against the Demo's, and a clean-up of coconuts from the trees of Mumbai to protect Mr Obama's head. There are too many interesting articles on diplomacy and foreign policy to be read, Sri Lanka beat Australia in cricket, again, and Sarah Palin is entertaining me too much.

Moreover, all of this reminds me that I'm going to be in Sri Lanka, and maybe India, for over a month in Dec/Jan. I'm actually leaving this job, after complaining about it for the better part of a year. Fixed my leaving date. It's really happening this time. And as I was going to Sri Lanka anyway, and January is not a great time to be looking for work, extending the trip just made sense. It will mostly be an amazing holiday, but I should also be able to explore a few of my dropout-related interests.

So, with all of this in mind, how can I possibly work today?

No comments:

Post a Comment